Tuesday, July 26, 2011

88, 87, 86, 85...& now 84 days to go

Remember this, keep it in mind,
   take it to heart, you rebels.
Remember the former things, those of long ago;
   I am God, and there is no other;
   I am God, and there is none like me.
I make known the end from the beginning,
   from ancient times, what is still to come.
I say, ‘My purpose will stand,
   and I will do all that I please.’
From the east I summon a bird of prey;
   from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose.
What I have said, that I will bring about;
   what I have planned, that I will do.
 Listen to me, you stubborn-hearted,
   you who are now far from my righteousness.
I am bringing my righteousness near,
   it is not far away;

Often lately it is necessary to remind myself that I have little power in changing others hearts and minds. God Himself often reminded the people of Israel (and us) that He is in charge, He is the Boss and He will do exactly what He plans to do....so in present company and circumstances, I step aside to allow Him to do exactly that! If it is my stubbornness and rebellion that He seeks to change, then it is clear I shouldn't have been where I have spent these last 13 years as it is...so onward we march.... Conversely, if what He is doing has to do with the stubbornness and rebellion of others, then my continuance may be an obstacle to that being accomplished. Once removed from the position of threat in their eyes, no enemy will remain to blame and it will be just them and God.

Hardest part passed without great travail....I was deeply concerned how the Papa would consider the decision to step down and away from this place. He showed great understanding of what my view was and considered that it may well be time to allow those to do what they will unimpeded by restraint. This thought sprang into my mind the other day when considering Judas...clearly a thief, but also a betrayer and coward. Jesus knew that if Judas had not come to the place of repentance and acceptance by the night they sat at the last supper, then it was time for Judas to go ahead unimpeded by the restraint of Christ. Mark Jesus' words to him...."what you go do, do now." Not, "I know where you're going and what you are going to do", nor "Let's sit down and discuss your eternal future based on your current temptation" but go do it. You've chosen it, you are giving yourself permission to deny the Holy Spirit's conviction and now you are free to go do what you have chosen to do. I think that Paul's term, "turning them over to Satan" is in the same vein. It is allowing them, unimpeded to procede in the choice of their heart and mind, because further talk and discussion will go nowhere!

So, what you go do, do now! Build your Bible study room, lure in the weak and immature with food and doing, feed the hungry (but not needy) in your own power and strength...practice your form of godliness, continue denying God's power and authority in establishing the church, the elders and the deacons and see what your end will be....there is no happiness here, just pain. Like watching a rebellious child suffering from the choices of their hard-headedness, so we will watch....but now we will see from a distance, no longer a source of competition from your perspective and most certainly no longer available as a resource for your self gratification.

Speaking of self gratification....

Or should I say, the lack thereof?? The famine ahead of us still proves to be a challenge...help is available, but what will be the results of what we undertake? Do we pursue this as outlined by World Vision or amend to fit the capabilities of the youth? Either way, much to do and not much time to do it....

Speaking of doing it...

Business meeting for the church looming ahead in the near future....the financial part will not be too difficult, but a huge challenge remains of giving the now firm decision of leaving and setting the proper perimeters for it. Not answering the potential "why" question with anymore than the statement that the time is now and the time is right. It will be a severe test of my own desire (and the need to NOT do this) to tell the entire situation to all, from start to finish....but it cannot be. To do so would compromise the situation and provide additional fodder for the enemy to continue the division. Silence will provide the perfect environment for the others to realize they no longer have any focus to their bitterness and anger....we will not exist to them. And so it shall be! August 7, 2011, a date that shall live in....well, whatever happens is how it shall live!

No comments:

Post a Comment