Wednesday, July 27, 2011

83 & then some....

Because the Sovereign LORD helps me, 
  I will not be disgraced.
Therefore have I set my face like flint,
   and I know I will not be put to shame. 

 He who vindicates me is near.
   Who then will bring charges against me?
   Let us face each other!
Who is my accuser?
   Let him confront me!
It is the Sovereign LORD who helps me.
   Who will condemn me?
They will all wear out like a garment;
   the moths will eat them up.

Who among you fears the LORD
   and obeys the word of his servant?
Let the one who walks in the dark,
   who has no light,
trust in the name of the LORD
   and rely on their God.


Now to be perfectly clear....I WISH that this could be 100% applicable to the situation I find myself surfing through....trying very hard to stay one board length away from the mouths of the sharks! However in the echo of what Jesus would do, as prophetically spoken here and DID do, I also find for the believer a reality of having Christ in us. When He is in us, the challenges of the accusers falls to Him; their charges are against Him just as He told Moses about the Israelites not rejecting Moses, but rather God. So in this I find some solace and consolation that my God is able and has proven Himself beyond capable of handling any accuser to their own disgrace not mine. My hope lies in being found in Him with no righteousness of my own, as it alone is the place that He will carry me.

Speaking of carrying...

The cross He carried is heavy, the cross He offers us is light in comparison to the cost of His, but still a REAL weight if attempted in the flesh. Only in the power of His might, the fellowship of His sufferings do I find the ability to shoulder it or even attempt to carry it, which, of course, requires movement. May I always be moving in Your love and remain immersed in Your Mercy and full of Your Grace, Lord Jesus!!

Speaking of Jesus....

I am clueless how He held His face like flint against the onslaught of the people and Satan's hoards. I find it impossible to even get beyond the consistency of soft dirt in the circumstances I now am engaged in. How He could or would take anything from anyone, when He alone had the power to stop it all, end it all and extract justice for every wrong is beyond my pay grade!! But I know enough from looking to see that I must be thankful for the fact that He did remain, He did take it and He did finish it once and for all. In that alone is the hope founded that I breathe. Thank You, Jesus!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment